The process for our functional medicine service differs slightly from our normal consultations. It involves a specialist consultation and before we book you in, we need to find out if the service is appropriate for your health concerns.
Below you will find further details regarding the steps involved. If you would like to enquire about the functional medicine service, please use the button below, providing as much information as possible to allow our doctor to assess your case.
TESTS & TREATMENT
Simply enquire using the button above. We will follow this up with some questions and a consultation to both help you understand more about our approach and determine whether you are suitable for the process.
- Make an initial enquiry using our enquiry form. Dr Ghazala Aziz-Scott will then assess your suitability for the functional medicine consultation.
- If we are able to help you, we will send you an intake questionnaire, multiple symptoms questionnaire (MSQ), a consent form and a booking link to help you get started.
- Please make sure you can return the questionnaire at least 3 days prior to your appointment.
- Following the initial consultation, your written plan will be sent to you within 3 working days. Our admin team will assist with booking tests. Please note that functional testing can take up to 3 weeks to get results.
- A follow up appointment can be booked 4 to 6 weeks after testing.
- Functional medicine works best using the multidisciplinary team approach and you may be advised to also work in conjunction with a nutritional therapist that works in partnership with Dr Ghazala, for example if you need a gut restoration programme as part of your treatment.